Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Kim's Top 3


Happy New Year!  I wish you all health and happiness in 2013.  As the holiday season comes to an end and your resolutions start to take shape, be sure to proceed with moderation.  Diet overhauls and weight loss goals can be fleeting because they often leave us deprived and frustrated about all the foods we “can’t” have. 

Most diets will work in the short term, because they cause you to be more conscious about food choices you make and limits you set.  But most are not designed for the long haul. They tend to be too monotonous, deprivation-driven, or extreme to stick with.  And to the degree that many popular diets are all of the above, their effects tend to be easily reversed, leading many dieters into an agonizing loop of gaining, losing, and gaining again – which is as bad for health as it is for morale. - Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less by Mollie Katzen and Walter Willett, M.D.

As we start the New Year, here are three realistic goals to focus on as you start your 2013 wellness journey:

Kim’s Top 3

1.)   Drink more water;
2.)   Add more vegetables and fruits to your diet; and
3.)   Experiment with cooking (“Cooking Light” is a magazine where I find good recipes, or find a cook book that inspires you)

Sharing my energy and thoughts through this blog has helped me in my own wellness journey this past year.  Thank you for being my audience and sharing in my love and passion.  I look forward to digging deeper and sharing more in the New Year!


Love deeply and eat mindfully,
Kim Gilroy – kimgilroyinsideout

No comments:

Post a Comment