Friday, January 15, 2016

These Girls are Driving Me NUTS!

These Girls are Driving Me Nuts!

It’s here.  The push back in the kitchen is in full effect.  Go to meals that were a non-issue are now picked at with disdain.  Smoothies that were once greeted with a morning smile are now approached with a complaint and an eye roll.  




These girls are driving me NUTS! (I don’t want to uses this blog as a canvas for my complaints, I just never want to paint a picture that is not true.  Some of my Instagram and FB posts are of my little angels eating healthy food and I just wanted to make it clear that I post the success meals to help give ideas.  I try to keep a balance and it can go either way on any given day!  And for the record, the girls bought lunch today and I gave them an extra dollar for Doritos).

Over the holiday I discovered the girls liked spiced nuts (let’s see how long this lasts).  So, of course when there is something healthy or in the realm of healthy I try to make it and offer it as much as I can.   Here is the recipe form my most recent batch:



Preheat oven on 375

In a large bowl:
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of cashews
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of chili powder
½ teaspoon of dried or fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon of clove
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
Salt generously
1/8 turmeric (optional)

In a small pot heat and slowly melt
1 tablespoon of butter (and a smidge more for good measure)
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar

In a small separate bowl prepare a small egg white (if you only have large eggs use about 1/2 of the egg white).

Add the butter, sugar and egg white into the large bowl and mix well.  Add a touch more cinnamon and salt mix again transfer to a baking sheet lined in parchment paper.  Bake on 375 for 13 min then take out and let cool.   Do not mix nuts while baking.

Let me know how they turn out!

Love deeply.  Eat mindfully.
kimgilroyinsideout





No comments:

Post a Comment