Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just Wait

“JUST WAIT”

Whenever the topic of children and food came up with seasoned mothers, I was often told, “Just wait until your girls go to school.”

Well, for all of you seasoned moms that thought you were having the last laugh. . .you may continue on your soapbox and laugh at me.  Holy, yikes, snurp!  My girls have been bringing lunch to school for two months, for two days a week and ALL I hear about is what the other kids have and whether my girls will be getting a treat also!?!?

I am learning that it is a tough balance.  I try to send them with homemade cookies that I feel good about.  But sometimes they make out with a piece of left over birthday candy or left over holiday candy (just like the other kids!).





I know!  I caved after two months of pre-k!  It almost feels as if there is this bizarre pressure of wanting your child to feel good (and proud) about what mom has put in their lunchbox . . . hence the Skittles.  

But the Skittles are a special treat.  Below is a batch of homemade cookies that my girls love.




Gluten Free Power Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the following ingredients in a large bowl:

1 cup sun butter, peanut butter or almond
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
¼ cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons honey or grade B maple syrup
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix well, shape into flat cookies on a tray and bake for 10 minutes.  Must let cool!

Love deeply and eat mindfully,
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment