Sunday, December 9, 2012

Kale and Cocktails!


Kale and Cocktails!

This past weekend we had some friends over to celebrate the holiday season.  I always get befuddled when planning a cocktail party because the only appetizer I feel confident about presenting is my antipasto.  Yes, your wellness coach eats Italian meats and cheese and consciously chooses to serve it as her "go to" appetizer.  With that, I did feel the need to serve spinach and kale bites and to add kale to the stuffed mushrooms that I also served (I couldn’t let everyone down . . . they were expecting something green!).   My guests loved the spinach and kale bites (and the mushrooms).  I didn't disappoint!  Uhhh, until I told them I bought the spinach and kale bites at Trader Joe’s.

I look forward to coming up with a spinach and kale bite of my own someday.  But for now, I leave you either disappointed or with a really easy, healthy, holiday appetizer idea.  



                                                                               
I actually look forward to eating these as a snack or as a side dish!

Love deeply, celebrate and eat mindfully,
Kim Gilroy
kimgilroyinsideout









No comments:

Post a Comment