Friday, August 10, 2012

Breakfast On-The-Go?


Breakfast On-The-Go?

Running out the door to go to work, to class, to drop the kids at school . . . the list of reasons why we leave the house without eating goes on forever.  I have had this problem since I was a teenager.  I would rather get every last minute of sleep than do my hair, make-up, and eat. I remember standing at the bus stop with frozen hair eating a *chocolate chip scone in the dead of winter because I never left myself time to do my hair or eat. 

For the mornings that I run out of time, my on-the-go grab and eat menu is as follows:

1. Raw Revolution  - Organic Live Food Bars
2. LARABAR Bars
3. Orgain – ready to drink protein shake

If I have 5 minutes to prepare something for the road it is usually a peanut butter, sun butter, or almond butter and jelly sandwich on, of course, Ezekiel / Food for Life bread.  My other quick-make is yogurt in a cup with Ezekiel cereal sprinkled on top and a piece of fruit (bananas and apples are best for traveling).

If you are interested in trying some of the above products, they can be found at Value Drugs in Huntington and Greenlawn.  Print out a copy of this blog before September 30, 2012 and present it at your time of purchase to receive 10% off the following items:  

1. Raw Revolution  - Organic Live Food Bars
2. LARABAR Bars
3. Ezekiel / Food for Life products

*The chocolate chip scones I mentioned were a childhood favorite.  They are still part of my on-the-go experience because as I have mentioned in the past I am not exclusive.  I love all kinds food and I believe in balance!  These yummy treats can be found at A Rise Above Bakery on Main St. in Huntington, where I can also be caught red-handed purchasing their wide variety of muffins!


Find your balance.

Love deeply and eat mindfully,

Kim Gilroy

No comments:

Post a Comment